This is the page for real-time updates from the 2012 One Lap of America event from Ex-Pat Racing. We will post updates, videos, photos and status for the One Lap of America as we go. We'll also add some pre-event news as it happens too.


Monday, May 7, 2012

Day 6: Hallett, 618 miles

Arrived at Hallett in plenty of time and got a good pit position. The first session this morning I went a little banzai and over drove the car. I actually went on the grass twice and one of the leading GTRs brought me over a John Deere sticker later. Very funny. The result was not as bad as I had feared and we scored 14th. That bumped us to 29th overall.

Session two was better. I was more measured and precise and I enjoyed it immensely. Scored 12 th which bumped us to 25 th overall. I think in retrospect that I was still probably trying too hard. See the video clip of turn 10 and the front straight.

Packed up and left and got started early on the 618 mile drive to High Plains CO. staying over in a place called Limon about 50 mins from the track, which is really in the middle of nowhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment